ADSM-L

Question about file stubs

1998-06-03 16:14:11
Subject: Question about file stubs
From: Betty Simonis <BETTY_SIMONIS AT DSC.UMICH DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 16:14:11 -0400
Hello,

We run our ADSM server at level 2.1.0.13 on an OS390 platform and have
been running backups and archives for AIX, SUN, and NT clients for
some time now. Very soon we will be installing ADSM Ver 3 and implementing
space management (something we haven't done yet).

I've read the documentation on setting up the HSM portion of ADSM, but
I'm not sure I understand what happens to the stub files when a file
is expired and deleted from ADSM storage. When a migrated file gets
deleted off of ADSM storage, does the stub file get deleted as well?
Or do you have to run a reconcile process to delete stubs that are no
longer valid?

Thanks!

Betty Simonis
University of Michigan