ADSM-L

Please Help! All scratch volumes deleted with V3 upgrade!

1998-06-03 13:44:16
Subject: Please Help! All scratch volumes deleted with V3 upgrade!
From: Scott Emmons <scotte AT CENTER.USCS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:44:16 -0700
Hi,

We just upgraded our AIX421 server from ADSM V2 to V3. When we started it
up the first time ("adsm upgradedb") it changed the scratch category for
our 3494 from 302 to 301. Now we don't have any scratch tapes.

IBM support says to just delete the library, the devclass, and the drives.
Then check all the tapes out of the library, and check them in all
manually. This is unacceptable, since we'd have to do that 40+ times to
get all our 400+ scratch tapes out. Then have to check them back in. No to
mention the entire risk of what happens when we delete the library, etc...

Anyone have any ideas how to easily switch the category back to 302?
"update libr" does NOT allow you to change it on the fly. (Why not??)

Thanks for ANY help anyone can provide....

Thanks,
-Scott
    L. Scott Emmons    | CableData R&D Center - El Dorado Hills, CA, USA
Staff Software Engineer|  Unix Administration, Systems Development Dept
    (916) 939-6088     |  Views and content are my own, not CableData's