ADSM-L

Re: DUMPDB tablespace

1998-06-02 20:01:45
Subject: Re: DUMPDB tablespace
From: Trevor Foley <Trevor.Foley AT BANKERSTRUST.COM DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 1998 10:01:45 +1000
Hi Dave,

Believe it or not, you have a small database; our largest DB is 21GB and
93% utilised (we are about to throw another 8GB at it). There have been
comments on this in the past that a LOADDB will take approximately 7
times the DUMPDB time. With a 1.8GB database I would expect the DUMPDB
to not take any more than 3-4 hours so a DUMPDB followed by a LOADDB
might take around 24-30 hours.

Trevor
Trevor Foley
Trevor Foley