ADSM-L

Re: YA Newbie Q: tape utilization %

1998-06-02 13:56:16
Subject: Re: YA Newbie Q: tape utilization %
From: "Rushton, John D" <john.d.rushton AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 13:56:16 -0400
Pat,
Your status on the tape will continue to be "filling" until the tape has
reached it's end-of-volume.   At that point, it will be marked "full".    As
backup versions and archives expire, that space on the tape is marked
reclaimable and you will begin to see non-zero values for your "Pct.
Reclaimable Space" .    When the "Pct. Reclaimable Space" value exceeds the
RECLAIM value for the tape storage pool that this tape is defined to, then
this tape will be eligible for space reclamation.

Hope this helps.
John Rushton
Lockheed Martin M&DS