ADSM-L

Running ADSM Solaris 2.5.1 Client Code on Solaris 2.6 machine???

1998-06-02 09:35:50
Subject: Running ADSM Solaris 2.5.1 Client Code on Solaris 2.6 machine???
From: "Rushton, John D" <john.d.rushton AT LMCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 09:35:50 -0400
To all,

Hopefully someone is in this situation and can provide guidance.

Our illustrious <G> Sun team performed an upgrade from Solaris 2.5.1 to
Solaris 2.6 on six of the file servers where we have the ADSM Backup/Archive
Client code for Solaris 2.5.1 running.    (They did this without our
knowledge, but that's another story <G>).

Is there any problem with using the ADSM B/A Client for Solaris 2.5.1 on
these machines until we can order and install the Solaris 2.6 ADSM client?
It looks like the backups have run OK since the O/S upgrade.

Please advise.
John Rushton
Lockheed Martin M&DS