ADSM-L

Auto Clean in Storage Tek 9710 libraries **** I forgot the subject last time****

1998-06-02 09:30:49
Subject: Auto Clean in Storage Tek 9710 libraries **** I forgot the subject last time****
From: Mansoor Bajwa <Mansoor_Bajwa AT CPR DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 1998 07:30:49 -0600
Sorry all, I left the subject line blank last time.

Hello Naveed,
     We are using STK 9710 unit but do not have automatic cleaning  enabled
on it.  Couple of things to check for are that if your cleaning
tapes are in the right  slots - there are dedicated slots for the cleaning
tapes, and also your cleaning tapes should have the right labels on them -
The labels look like this,
C------
L------
N-----
0------
0------
1-----

NOTE:  We were advised not to clean the tape drive so often, because this
might damage the drive head- when the cleaning light comes on, it
can also mean that the drive detected a temp error on the tape -  not
necessary that the head is dirty.

Hope this helps.

Mansoor  A. Bajwa AT cpr DOT ca
Canadian Pacific Railway