ADSM-L

Re: Server Crash!!

1998-05-29 11:32:16
Subject: Re: Server Crash!!
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 15:32:16 GMT
Replying to: "Sanders, David" <DSanders AT INTERNAL.MASSMUTUAL DOT COM> (Wed, 27
May 1998 08:31:05 -0400)

>" In fact, I once had a conversation with development
>who told me that where possible, ADSM will write through the operating
>system
>to circumvent any caching or buffering that the operating system may be
>performing.  "
>
>I don't understand that?  Everything has to use OS, right?  ADSM might
>use it's own channel programs but ultimately,,,,,,,,,,IOS does it??

I think that may have to do with using a file vs. a raw device for ADSM
random volumes. If you use a file, then it'll be cached by the OS, while a
raw device *usualy* will have no caching by the OS.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,