ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Connect Agent For Exchange

1998-05-29 08:20:27
Subject: Re: ADSM Connect Agent For Exchange
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 29 May 1998 08:20:27 -0400
Scott,

There is a FIXTEST version of the Exchange Agent that REMOVES
this restriction.  The only requirement now is that you run
with "Administrators" authority (or least have permission to
Read and Write to the local registry).
See my earlier append (below) that discusses the
FIXTEST and how to get it.

ATTENTION: ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server customers:

The refreshed FIXTEST (APAR IC20843) of the ADSMConnect Agent for
Microsoft Exchange Server is now available on the INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM
FTP server.  Here is how to get it:

       Where:  FTP Server, index.storsys.ibm.com
   Directory:  /adsm/fixtest/agents/ntexch/v1r1
   Filenames:  IC20843A.EXE         - self-extracting install file
               IC20843A.readme.ftp  - readme file

This is Version 1.1.0.0 FIXTEST "A".  It includes the following fixes:
                        ===========
    .
    . (text deleted here... look at archives to see full text)
    .

   Misc.     - You no longer have to be running as the Exchange Site Service
               Account in order to perform backup or restores.
               You MUST be running as a member of the Administrator
               group for the local server machine or you must be running
               under a userid with Read/Write access to the local registry.

    .
    . (text deleted here... look at archives to see full text)
    .

Installation instructions:
  - Download the IC20843A.EXE file in "binary" format.
  - Download the IC20843A.EXE file in "binary" format.

  - Run the IC20843A.EXE file.  It is a self-extracting install file.

Please let me know if you have any problems getting the fixtest.
Thanks.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development
email: hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com