ADSM-L

HELP! OS/2 ADSMV2.1 Shared Memory Error

1998-05-28 08:59:19
Subject: HELP! OS/2 ADSMV2.1 Shared Memory Error
From: John Voyda <jlv AT BRIGHT DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 28 May 1998 08:59:19 -0400
--- Begin Message ---
Subject: OS/2 ADSMV2.1 Shared Memory Error
From: Janos Lajos Vajda <jlv AT bright DOT com>
To: ADSM <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 14:43:41 -0400
Hello ! :)

I am recieving a shared memory error when I attempt to backup a tape.
The error is ANR8191W: Error recieving data through Shared Memory.
Reason - 1
I cannot find a description of the error, nor what reason 1 is.
When I try to backup a client, if there are no volumes defined, the
backup will work. However if there are volumes defined, or there are
scratch volumed that have been used (and define themselves after being
used.) The backup will fail, and It will give me that shared memory
error. Why can I not use a tape to backup again, and why will it not
accept the tape if there are others defined (and labeled) (I have
already checked to make sure the volume is read/write and have exhausted
my pool of no brainers.) Please help.

Thanks in advance :)

Janos Lajos Vajda
B-Right Trucking MIS Department