ADSM-L

Agent/Client Duplication?

1998-05-27 11:46:03
Subject: Agent/Client Duplication?
From: "Mauro M. TINELLI" <Mauro.TINELLI AT ST DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 May 1998 17:46:03 +0200
Is it worth thinking to increase the backup performance and so reduce the
elapsed time, by parallelizing the number of agents active on 'a single
node'?

In other words. I've been using OmniBack-II for 3 years now, and I'd like
to move to ADSM. The former allows to declare a number of active agents
contemporary active on the same machine although on different File
Systems (mount points). Can ADSM do the same? It is just a matter of
activating different 'dsmc' on different FS or is there more to know
about it?

Example:
#! /usr/bin/ksh
#