ADSM-L

Re: Directories saved in wrong pool

1998-05-26 19:39:32
Subject: Re: Directories saved in wrong pool
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 16:39:32 -0700
Is the retention period for the management class that sends files
to the DBFILES pool longer than that which sends files to the
DATAFILES pool?

I believe that by default, directories are bound to the
management class with the longest retention period. You can
change this with the DIRMC directive in the system options file.

For example, we have a DIRMC management class whose desitination
is a disk file in the DIRMCPOOL, and every system options file
has the following line:

DIRMC DIRMC

which forces directories to be bound to the DIRMC management
class.

 -- Tom