ADSM-L

Betreff: running multiple backups

1998-05-23 05:52:46
Subject: Betreff: running multiple backups
From: Ulrich Suer <Suer_Ulrich AT KHIS.KRUPP DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 11:52:46 +0200
Hi,
I'm running ADSM on an AIX-System.
You can specify several SERVER-Sections (with specific include-exclude-lists)
in the file dsm.sys. Then you have to create different dsm.opt-files. Every
Option-Files links to its own Server-Section in dsm.sys . To activate the
dsm.opt-file you have tp export DSM_CONFIG environment-variable.

Sample:

dsm.sys

      SERVERNAME       ADSMSRV1
      INCLEXCL     inclexcl.lst1

      SERVERNAME        ADSMSRV2
      INCLEXCL      inclexcl.lst2

dsm.opt1

      SERVERNAME    ADSMSRV1

dsm.opt2

      SERVERNAME   ADSMSRV2

Shell-Script

#!/usr/bin/ksh

#1st backup
export DSM_CONFIG=dsm.opt1  # or "set" in another shell
dsmc inc

#2nd backup
export DSM_CONFIG=dsm.opt2  # or "set" in another shell
dsmc inc

If you're running backups with the ADSM-API then you have to export DSMI_CONFIG
too.

Hope it works on HP-UX.

Ulrich

>>> "Stidd, Sharon" <SStidd AT ALLDATA DOT NET> 22.05.98 16.49 >>>
I have been searching the list but I cannot find where this was
discussed before.  I have one HP-UX system that we will need to run two
backups on.  One, would exclude the cooked database filesystems and do a
normal unix backup. The other would include these db filesystems.  How
can I do this?  They will both be running from the client as commands
(dsmc inc ....). I tried to specify DOMAIN on the command line to no
avail. Is there a dsmc option to use a different opt file?  Or will I
have to "manually" change the inclexcl file each time?

Thanks in advance!

Sharon Stidd

Client/Server Administrator
Alliance Data Systems