ADSM-L

Backing up NFS mounts

2015-10-04 17:58:04
Subject: Backing up NFS mounts
From: owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
To: Jerry Lawson at ASUPO
Date: 5/21/98 10:52AM
I thought that the v1 client that supported OS/2 2.11 would still work with
the v2 (and hopefully v3) servers.

Jerry Lawson

Author:  owner-adsm-l AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU at SMTP
Date:    5/21/98 10:52 AM

Hi there,

Quick dumb question (hey I'm good at asking these...)!!

I have an OS/2 v2.11 server that I cannot back up to my ADSM v3.1 on AIX
server as neither the ADSM v2 or v3 clients are supported on that old
version of OS/2.  Until I get the time to upgrade to OS/2 box, I am NFS
mounting the 5 drives onto my ADSM box as /<server name>/c, /<server
name>/d etc. etc.

Unfortunately, my incremental backup schedule appears to ignore the NFS
mounts.  Is there a flag I need to set to ensure that the mounts are
followed?

Cheers,

Stuart