ADSM-L

Re: NT SQL agent Schedule command

1998-05-21 15:34:34
Subject: Re: NT SQL agent Schedule command
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:34:34 -0400
Steve,

Here is something to get you started...
I apologize in advance for any formatting problems.
This is for a "FULL" backup.  For an "INCREMENTAL",
change the "sqldsmc" command.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development

@ECHO OFF
rem  ==================================================================
rem   sqlfull.smp sample command file
rem
rem   This file is meant to be executed by the ADSM central scheduler
rem   in response to a defined schedule on the ADSM server.
rem
rem   Complete paths must be given for all file names and non-system
rem   commands.
rem
rem  ==================================================================

rem  ==================================================================
rem   Replace "X:" with the drive where SQL agent is installed.
rem  ==================================================================

set sql_dir=X:\WIN32APP\IBM\ADSM\agentsql

X:

cd %sql_dir%

rem  ==================================================================
rem   2 lines below put a date and time stamp in a log file for you.
rem
rem   Note: you can change "sqlsched.log" to
rem         whatever you prefer in lines below:
rem  ==================================================================
date < NUL >> %sql_dir%\sqlsched.log
time < NUL >> %sql_dir%\sqlsched.log

rem  ==================================================================
rem   Replace "srvrname" with the name of the options file name you
rem   plan to use.
rem
rem   Replace "dbname" with the name of the SQL database to back up.
rem
rem   Note: you can change "sqlsched.log" and "sqlsfull.log"  to
rem         whatever you prefer.
%sql_dir%\sqldsmc /backupfull:dbname /adsmoptfile:%sql_dir%\srvrname.opt
/logfile:%sql_dir%\sqlsfull.log >> %sql_dir%\sqlsched.log