ADSM-L

space manage pool and volume question

1998-05-20 12:27:22
Subject: space manage pool and volume question
From: Dave Saunders <drs8h AT JM.ACS.VIRGINIA DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 12:27:22 -0400
ADSM-L Folks,
  I have a question concerning the HSM component of adsm 3.1.

  I have defined a space-managed filesystem using the HSM X client
which automatically migrates into a 3494 tape pool.  Works fine.
(Also defined a management class for this.)

  But ... as I move around in the web interface, I note that the
Random Access Storage Pools does not show this filesystem under
the SPACEMGPOOL "volumes" list.  Or under any of the others.

  My questions: does it matter that this *filesystem* is not
listed as a *volume* under this pool category?

Thanks for your help,
Dave Saunders
drs8h AT virginia DOT edu