ADSM-L

Re: Problem with EXCLUDE.DIR

1998-05-20 11:54:35
Subject: Re: Problem with EXCLUDE.DIR
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 15:54:35 GMT
Replying to: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
(Tue, 19 May 1998 16:21:20 +0200)

Hi,

>if I read the file delivered with ADSM client "options.wri", I find:
>

>| The exclude.dir option works only if the excluded directory is a
> subdirectory; if you explicitly specify the directory or the files
>within
>| it, the file is backed up.
>
>Should we understand that only SUBdirectories and not directories can be
>excluded?

Well, on win95 platforms we *can* exclude.dir directorys. Here's what I
found:

AIX 4.1.2, ADSM client 3.1.0.3

/                       -> filesystem
/test                   -> directory
/test/file0             -> file
/test/dir1              -> directory
/test/dir1/file1        -> file
/test/dir1/dir2         -> directory
/test/dir1/dir2/file2   -> file
/usr                    -> filesystem
/usr/test  -> directory

EXCLUDE.DIR /test       excludes nothing
EXCLUDE.DIR /test/dir1  exclude /test/dir1 and everithing in it and below
EXCLUDE.DIR /usr/test   excludes /usr/test

So, the filesystem part is not the problem here. It looks like EXCLUDE.DIR
can't handle first level directories, counting from "/". On the other hand,
if we try something similar on  Win95 (no filesystems here but using the
same aproach):

Win95, ADSM client 3.1.0.3
EXCLUDE.DIR c:/test       excludes c:/test and everything in it and below

Maybe there's a "problem" with the AIX client.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,