ADSM-L

Re: Has anyone used AUDIT RECLAIM yet?

1998-05-20 09:23:43
Subject: Re: Has anyone used AUDIT RECLAIM yet?
From: "Lambelet,Rene,VEVEY,FC-SIL/INF." <Rene.Lambelet AT NESTLE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 15:23:43 +0200
We got the official IBM PTF's to bring our MVS ADSM server to 3.1.1.2,
including reclamation utilities.

Audit reclaim run 30 min. for 3 million physical files (112 mips
machine). Result: 1 definite damaged file only. Lucky.

Delete and cleanup reclaim run ok.
Now, how can we be sure that

aggregation is ON again during backups

reclamation really recuperate logical free spaces on the tapes?

Regards,

René Lambelet - (3543 - *A581
Nestec SA - 55, Av. Nestlé - CH-1800 Vevey
Tel: ++41/21/924'35'43 / Fax: ++41/21/924'45'89
E-Mail: rene.lambelet AT nestle DOT com