ADSM-L

Re: DB Backup Volumes

1998-05-20 04:54:56
Subject: Re: DB Backup Volumes
From: Simon Watson <Simon.S.Watson AT OPENMAIL.FIC32.BSPSER.SIMIS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:54:56 +0800
This sounds strange to me!  My DB backups seem to be kept for 1 month
and then expire, so I am dedicating 30 3590 tapes to holding DB
backups.  As mentioned this is a bit excessive.  Isn't there a
parameter somewhere to specify how long to keep them for rather than
running a regular schedule with "del volhist t=dbb tod=-###"?

The only thing I can think of is that it uses the Standard Policy
Domain, which in my case has the backup retention set to 30 days.  I
suppose I could just reduce this.

Cheers,
Simon