ADSM-L

frozen backups

1998-05-20 02:54:32
Subject: frozen backups
From: r oxbrow <raob AT MYRIAD.ITS.UNIMELB.EDU DOT AU>
Date: Wed, 20 May 1998 16:54:32 +1000
        We're required to make "full backups" according to the following
        policy,
                monthly dumps (kept for 12 months),
                yearly dumps (kept for 7 years),
                daily dumps (kept for 4 weeks).

        I was wondering what is the best way to make such backups using
        ADSM without having ADSM growing in size continually? Currently
        ADSM is configured for Point in Time Restores for a period of
        32 days. [I would like to keep the Point in Time Restore feature]

        What i'm not sure about is..

                * Can i define multiple management objects which implies
                that files are bound to multiple management objects.
                (Is that allowed ?)

                * Archives from the documentation do not appear to be
                the way to go.
                (The archiver is the owner of the archived files)

        -richard-

                                            r . o x b r o w @ i e e e . O R G