ADSM-L

DRM with AIX ADSM and MVS TLMS

1998-05-19 07:11:42
Subject: DRM with AIX ADSM and MVS TLMS
From: Bill Mansfield <dsgal AT MEGSINET DOT NET>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 06:11:42 -0500
We've got an AIX ADSM server connected to a 3494 library.
There's also an MVS mainframe connected to the library.
I need to use AIX DRM to get tapes offsite.  DRM handles
the ejects and insertions from the library just fine, but cannot
generate the vault instructions without custom programming.
The standard way assigning vault locations at out site
is TLMS.  I gather that if we had an MVS ADSM server
it would talk to TLMS naturally.

Does anyone have any experience integrating AIX (or other
UNIX flavor) DRM with MVS TLMS for vault management?

Bill Mansfield