ADSM-L

SEQUENT V3 CLIENT

1998-05-19 11:11:38
Subject: SEQUENT V3 CLIENT
From: Nigel Crewe <ncrewe AT TELEWEST.CO DOT UK>
Date: Tue, 19 May 1998 10:11:38 EST
     To all,

     We are testing the new v3 sequent client,but are experiencing problems
     with incremental backups in the form of file access
     and modification times. It appears that when we shutdown an oracle
     database to be backed up it completes straight away even though the
     file has been modified but the access time remains the same. The only
     way around at the moment is if we touch all files in the filesystem
     then it backs them
     up.

     Anybody any ideas?

     Nigel Crewe

     Senior Technical Analyst
     Telewest Communications
     email:- nigel.crewe AT telewest.co DOT uk