ADSM-L

Re: SQL Agent and NT Sched Service

1998-05-18 14:30:07
Subject: Re: SQL Agent and NT Sched Service
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 14:30:07 -0400
Mike,

>We can't get the NT Scheduling Service to do a SQL
>backup.  It performs a regular ADSM incremental backup
>when we schedule a backup from the ADSM Server.
>
>What is the secret to get the NT Service to perform a SQL
>Connect Agent backup instead of a Windows32 client backup?

The secret is to define a schedule with an Action=command and then have a bat
file
on the SQL server machine to run the sql agent to back up the desired DBs.

A procedure with examples was posted to the list on 3/12/98.  If you can't
locate
the archives, let me know...

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development