ADSM-L

Re: Netware backup via TCP/IP

1998-05-18 13:40:14
Subject: Re: Netware backup via TCP/IP
From: Tom Anstey <tom.anstey AT COMPUTING-SERVICES.OXFORD.AC DOT UK>
Date: Mon, 18 May 1998 18:40:14 +0100
TCP/IP is really the easiest way of running with NW servers.  TCPIP comes
with NW3 and later, and requires very little work on configuration.  It would be
much less work than going through an IPX/IP gateway.

Novell are moving away from IPX towards full TCP/IP in the very near future, so
setting up things through a gateway might mean more work later.

Tom

> We would like to start backing up our Novell Netware clients to ADSM MVS
> server via TCP/IP. The MVS server does not currently have IPX loaded. And
> the Novell servers do not have TCP/IP loaded. I don't know anything about
> Netware but the group that does has this question.
>
> Can we backup Novell server via IPX/SPX thru an IP to IPX gateway then to
> MVS via TCP/IP????
>
> How does anyone else handle this problem? If this isn't possible can I
> load IPX on ADSM NT server??

Tom Anstey

Oxford University Computing Services
13 Banbury Road