ADSM-L

Automatic database backups

1998-05-15 18:01:44
Subject: Automatic database backups
From: Al Cheski <Alan_Cheski AT GULF DOT CA>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 16:01:44 -0600
Howdy, I want to automate the backup of our ADSM database. Seems like that
can only be done with a database backup trigger and roll forward logging.
It appears that you cannot specify what volumes should be used for that. I
tried to use a backup db command from an administrative schedule and
specify a specific volume, but it won't let me do that since the volume was
previously used for a db backup. I don't want db backup using scratch
volumes. If I ran it everynight, it would soon use all my scratch volumes,
then I would have to cancel my golf game to manually change volumes back to
scratch. Arrggghhh! Has anyone automated this process efficiently?

Al Cheski
Gulf Canada Resources