ADSM-L

Re: ADSMConnect Agent for Exchange - Stability?

1998-05-15 11:25:01
Subject: Re: ADSMConnect Agent for Exchange - Stability?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:25:01 -0400
Jim,

You are correct. The Exchange Agent only deals with Information Store (IS)
and Directory (DIR) data.
The Message Transfer Agent (MTA) is not dealt with at all.

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development

        Thanks for the thoughts Chris.  I am suspecting that it is something
else, since it does not always happen during a backup.  I am in contact with
Del Hoobler and he is also unaware of any stability problem.
        When you troubleshoot, it is usually best to look at the most recent
changes to the system.
        One observation that leans away from ADSM as the culprit is the fact
that the MTA has been corrupted in two instances.  I assume that the
ADSMConnect agent is only backing up the DS and IS?  It is not messing with
the MTA data is it?

        Thanks, Jim