ADSM-L

restoring an entire NT machine from an MVS server

2015-10-04 17:58:04
Subject: restoring an entire NT machine from an MVS server
From: Cindy Cannam [SMTP:CCannam AT GENAM DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
To all:

I need some quick throughput numbers from anyone who may have recently (or
not) had to restore an entire NT box using ADSM with an MVS server
(preferably running the V2 server piece, and the V2 client piece as well)
over a token ring or Ethernet network. For some reason, even though we have
RAID-5 DASD attached to these clients, and a host of other fail-proof
entities to keep our NT world up and running, the manager over the area
wants to make certain ADSM is better than his DLT solution if in fact we
ever had to get huge chucks of data out to the client.

Thanks in advance!

C.L.Cannam
Storage Management
GENAM/St. Louis, MO/USA