ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:58:04
Hello ADSMers,

Problem description:

Client node NODE1 have 3 filespaces: NODE1C, NODE1D and NODE1E
We want to split the ADSM backup of the 3 filespaces of NODE1 in two nodes:
NODE1 for NODE1C and NODE1D
NODE2 for NODE1E (that will be renamed to NODE2E later).

We have no problems on the client side. We have installed 2 ADSM services
(WinNT) referencing 2 different DSM.OPT files.

What is the best way to assign existing backups of NODE1C and NODE1D to NODE1
(no changes) and
these of NODE1E to NODE2?

I am trying to do it via the following procedure:
EXPORT NODE1 with backup data
RENAME NODE1 to NODE2
IMPORT NODE1 with backup data
suppress NODE1E filespace for NODE1 and NODE1C, NODE1D filespaces for NODE2.
but it seems to be a very HEAVY procedure.

Isn't there another and better way to hit this goal?

Thanks to have read this text.

Francis.

Francis Maes                    ASLK-CGER Services GIE  - Belgium
ADSM Server Administrator Rue Fossé-aux-Loups, 48 - 1000 Brussels
Storage Management          E@Mail: fr.maes AT cger DOT be