ADSM-L

Re: Reinstalling ADSM 3.1 Server on NT

1998-05-12 07:51:09
Subject: Re: Reinstalling ADSM 3.1 Server on NT
From: Rui Malheiro <rmalheiro AT MAIL.TELEPAC DOT PT>
Date: Tue, 12 May 1998 11:51:09 GMT
Replying to: Paul Szilard <pszilard AT AU1.IBM DOT COM> (Tue, 5 May 1998
20:30:47
-0400)
>I have placed this in the VM ADSM FORUM, but got no response. I would >I have
>placed this in the VM ADSM FORUM, but got no response. I would very
>much appreciate any help in this regard. Thanks in advance,
>
>I am trying to reinstall ADSM v3.1 on an NT 4 Server (Serv pk3).
>ADSM was previously installed, then the ADSM Uninstall option was
>used to remove it. The SETUP.EXE loads the install shield which just
>quits when it reaches the 100% mark of its own load. No error messages
>are shown - just goes back to the prompt.

I noticed this behavior once. After a couple of regedits, reboots and head
scratch, I went to grab somethig to eat. When I returned to the console the
ADSM setup screen was there waiting for me :-)

I think it was timing out on something and given some time it recovered.

--
Rui Malheiro,
Rui Malheiro,