ADSM-L

Re: Problems with ADSM Backup - Archive Client for Windows

1998-05-11 10:58:02
Subject: Re: Problems with ADSM Backup - Archive Client for Windows
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 May 1998 10:58:02 -0400
In <852565FE.006BD045.00 AT csc DOT com>, on 05/08/98
   at 04:27 PM, John Gillis <jgillis2 AT CSC DOT COM> said:

>Background:

(snip)

>ANR1439E Allocate prohibited - transaction failed.
>ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 23 for node PARKERG (Win95) -
>server error detected.

>I checked out the  messages for the above  and for ANR1439E is was as
>follows:

(snip)

>Known Problems and Limitations------------------------------
>  When backing up already-compressed files with a Version 3 client to a
>Version 2 server, under certain circumstances you may receive error message
>ANS1311 and some of the files may not back up.  Setting the COMPRESSALWAYS
>option to NO on the client, or turning off server caching, will allow the
>files to be backed up.

(snip)

>3) Should I turn server caching off from the server side ???????

>Appreciate any help or feedback..

>Many Thanks

>John Gillis

I recommend turning off the server cache.  It will make your migrations run
faster too.  IBM changed the default for server caching from yes to no about
2 years ago.  You will need to migrate down to 0 and then do a move data
command on all your disk storagepool volumes to clear them of all the cached
files.

Bill Colwell
Bill Colwell
C. S. Draper Lab