ADSM-L

Holdoff applying Exchange Agent FIXTEST IC20843

1998-05-08 12:47:38
Subject: Holdoff applying Exchange Agent FIXTEST IC20843
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 8 May 1998 12:47:38 -0400
ATTENTION: ADSMConnect Exchange Agent FIXTEST IC20843 customers:

For those that downloaded the FIXTEST for IC20843....

Due to the change we made to allow other userids to
backup and restore Exchange databases, we slightly changed
the way that we process the Enterprise and Site names.
As a result, new filespace names may be created that are
in mixed case instead of upper case.

We would like to fix the inconsistency in this FIXTEST.
We will refresh the IC20843 FIXTEST on index.storsys.ibm.com
sometime next week.  We recommend that you hold off applying the
IC20843 FIXTEST until we refresh it next week.

We will post an append to this FORUM once this is complete.
Thanks goes to Jim Larson for helping us test our FIXTEST.

Regards,

Del Hoobler
ADSM Agent Development
email: hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

Original Append:

ATTENTION: ADSMConnect Agent for Microsoft Exchange Server customers:

There is now a FIXTEST version of the ADSMConnect Agent for
Microsoft Exchange Server available on the INDEX.STORSYS.IBM.COM
FTP server.  Here is how to get it:

       Where:  FTP Server, index.storsys.ibm.com
   Directory:  /adsm/temp
   Filenames:  IC20843A.EXE         - self-extracting install file
               IC20843A.readme.ftp  - readme file

This fixtest version contains two changes. They are:

   IC20843   - Problem when trying to back up and restore Exchange Servers
               that have "." (period), "," (comma), and/or "@" (at sign)
               within the Enterprise (Organization), Site, and/or
               Server name.  All embedded periods will now be
               translated to "_" (underscores). Commas and at-signs
               will now be handled correctly.

   Misc.     - You no longer have to be running as the Exchange Site Service
               Account in order to perform backup or restores.
               You MUST be running as a member of the Administrator
               group for the local server machine or you must be running
               under a userid with Read/Write access to the local registry.

Please let me know if you have any problems getting the fixtest.
Thanks.