ADSM-L

Storage Pool backup & D/R recovery question

1998-05-06 16:14:30
Subject: Storage Pool backup & D/R recovery question
From: "Kauffman, Tom" <KauffmanT AT NIBCO DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 6 May 1998 15:14:30 -0500
It is currently taking about three hours to back up our 156 GB SAP/R3
database, using three tape drives.

We then spend about eight hours making a copy for off-site storage, with two
tape drives. This implies that we will need about eight hours to do the
restore from this tape (and it currently *is* one tape). This is too long.

Is there any good method to force ADSM to do a one-for-one copy on storage
pool volumes? Or should I consider leaving the copy-pool tape on-site and
moving the original storage-pool tapes off-site? Or is there yet another
technique I'm not seeing here?

We're currently running ADSM 2.1.5.13 at the server and 2.1.5.6 on the
client (AIX 4.2.1, both of them); we'll be going to ADSM 3 as soon as I can
get the financing approved. We have four (4) Quantum DLT-7000 drives in a
StorageTek 9710 silo.

TIA

Tom Kauffman
Sr. Technical Advisor