ADSM-L

ADSMConnect for Notes on Win NT

1998-05-06 00:38:08
Subject: ADSMConnect for Notes on Win NT
From: Julie Phinney <jphinney AT HUMANA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 23:38:08 -0500
IBM told me that linked databases are not supported on the NT client yet,
and that I need to exclude the links and include the actual path.  I've
tried this dozens of ways and can't get the exclude to work.
My link file is called DBACKUP.DIR    and it contains one line that looks
like:
D:\NOTEBAK\
This is a valid path.  I'd like to put an INCLUDE for this path, and an
EXCLUDE for the .DIR file.  No matter how I code the exclude statement, my
incremental backup fails with a    ANS0923E   INVALID DB PATH SPECIFIED.
If I rename the file from DBACKUP.DIR to DBACKUP.JMP      it works.   But
of course, I can't leave it that way.
The default Notes Data directory (and the location of this .DIR file) is
E:\NOTEDATA\
Does anyone have any ideas how I'd code the exclude?
I think I read the doc about 400 times, and am unable to successfully code
an exclude that allows this backup to proceed without the ANS0923E and
subsequent hang.
Thanks for any suggestions!!!!
Julie
JPHINNEY AT HUMANA DOT COM