ADSM-L

Error: Unable to locate/open NLS message repository

1998-05-04 19:52:40
Subject: Error: Unable to locate/open NLS message repository
From: Pete Tanenhaus <tanenhau AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 19:52:40 -0400
The scheduler service utility uses the ADSM api to connect to an ADSM server to
validate/update
passwords, and the API requires the nls message repository file (dscameng.txt)
to reside in the same
directory as the utility dll (dsmutil.dll). The ADSM api dll (adsmv3.dll) uses
the same  message repository as
the backup client so any problems you experience with the utility you should
also exist in
the normal backup client (although if the message repository isn't in the same
directory as the baclient
and you are using environment variables such as DSM_DIR or DSI_DIR to point to
it you may still have
problems).

Anyway, make sure that dscameng.txt is in the same directory as the utility and
that the DSI_DIR environment
variable is not set and everything should work.

Hope this helps .....

Pete Tanenhaus, ADSM NT Client Development
---------------------- Forwarded by Pete Tanenhaus/San Jose/IBM on 05/04/98
4/98

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU on 05/04/98 04:16:10 PM