ADSM-L

Increased throughput on Solaris and SunOS

1998-05-04 15:00:33
Subject: Increased throughput on Solaris and SunOS
From: David E Shapiro <shapi003 AT MC.DUKE DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 15:00:33 -0400
Okay, I finally got the Solaris and SunOs clients on my system (modified
the dsm.wrapper to stop it from checking incorrectly the version of the
OS).  Now, I need some help from ya'll on how to get better throughput.
What can I do on the client side to decrease the time it takes to push the
data to the ADSM backup?  Also, I put the Schedlogname =
/opt/adsm/sched.log and Schedlogretention 7 S in my dsm.sys, but those
settings seem to be ignored.  Some versions of the adsm client create an
dsmsched.log, but other versions do not.

David