ADSM-L

Re: SQL Server agent with SPHINX

1998-05-04 11:33:06
Subject: Re: SQL Server agent with SPHINX
From: Chris Zaremba <zaremba AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 4 May 1998 11:33:06 -0400
Adrian,

>Trying to get the TRY-AND-BUY version of the SQL Server agent running with
>SQL SErver V7.0 (Beta 2, SPHINX). Using Windows NT 4(SP3) and ADSM V2 R1,
>Getting the following error:

>Logging on to the ADSM server...
>Logging on to the SQL server...
>Can't obtain attributes for the specified SQL database

No, you are not doing anything wrong.  There have been some changes in SQL 7
whereby
interfaces we use with prior versions of SQL to obtain database info no longer
work.  We
expect to have a SQL 7 compatible version of our agent available by the time
SPHINX
becomes GA.

BTW, the current ADSM Connect Agent for SQL does not support beyond SQL 6.5
(just
for such reasons).

Chris Zaremba
ADSM Agent Development