ADSM-L

NTSERVER BACKUP

1998-05-01 09:41:19
Subject: NTSERVER BACKUP
From: "Monks, Phil" <PMONKS AT LOUKY DOT ORG>
Date: Fri, 1 May 1998 09:41:19 -0400
Folks,
        I'm no ADSM nor NT expert, so please forgive my ineptitude.

        Having problem with backing an NTSERVER.  The NTSERVER is the
client,  backing up to "Server Prompted" IBM R30/7015 AIX 4.2.0 -   ADSM
V 2, Rel 1, Level 06.  We are backing up directly to a 3570 tape drive.

        The main problem is getting the 'DSMC SCHEDULE' to run properly
on the NT Client in automatic mode.  If I start the scheduler manually
from the client command line, the server prompted schedule routine
appears to go through all the motions of working.  However, at the end
of the backup when the statistics are printed I receive message"ANS4847E
Scheduled event 'NTBACKUP' failed, return code=4......" with a
schedule status of 'failed'.  The schedule window reappears on the
client waiting for the next scheduled event.

        1.  Why does the backup appear to work, but reflect a failed
status?

        2.  Is there a way to get the client scheduler on the NT box to
run as a background task and not require the scheduler to be started and
stopped manually?

Thanks for any help on this one.

Phil

Phil Monks