ADSM-L

Re: Which is better?

1998-04-29 14:39:28
Subject: Re: Which is better?
From: "Yelle, Michael 2-3823" <MGY4V AT HSCMAIL.MCC.VIRGINIA DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 14:39:28 -0400
This is quite true for ADSM V2, but for ADSM V3.1 two new features
significantly improve ADSM's ability to work with a large number of
small files. Features are called "file aggregation" and "no query
restore", both are documented in "ADSM V3 Technical Guide (sg24-2236-00)
which can be found at www.redbooks.ibm.com.

We have seen SUBSTANTIAL improvements on Novell file servers with
250,000+ files, particularly when doing a complete restore/backup.