ADSM-L

Error ANR0444W found: Protocol error

1998-04-29 10:21:53
Subject: Error ANR0444W found: Protocol error
From: Tony White <tony.white AT GTRI.GATECH DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 10:21:53 -0400
Everyone,

        Once again I have stumbled into the next hurdle on the quest to get ADSM
running and used.  Hopefully you all can help.

I was able to get my Exabyte tape library responding correctly (thanks,
Kelly) and at least one drive working, and labelled my tapes.  I've defined
a schedule and client node and associated them, using just the default
STANDARD domain and policy set.

On my Windows NT client (NT v4 with SP3), using client code version
3.1.0.3, I installed the service (as Administrator) and it started the
scheduler.  It contacted the server (ADSM v3.1.0.2 on AIX 4.x) within a few
minutes, but we get an error and session terminates:

ANR0444W: Protocol error with client node AIST068 - out-of-sequence verb
(type SignOff) detected.

I've searched the last 3 months of the list logs, and searched the IBM
readmes and fix descriptions.  No specific references to this error.  I've
got the latest client code for WinNT, but I noticed that my server version
(3.1.0.2) is NOT the latest (3.1.1.1) .

Is this the likely cause of the protocol mismatch?

Thanks in advance -

Tony
Tony White, Research Scientist II          Tony.White AT gtri.gatech DOT edu
Tony White, Research Scientist II          Tony.White AT gtri.gatech DOT edu
GTRI Computer Coordinator                    (404) 894-8157     fax: 894-9337
GT/GTRI/AIST, Atlanta, GA  30332-0816

"Optimist:  a Yugo owner with a trailer hitch."