ADSM-L

ADSM NT backup client

1998-04-29 09:16:57
Subject: ADSM NT backup client
From: Cecile Berube <cberube2 AT AIRCANADA DOT CA>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 1998 09:16:57 -0400
Once installed Windows NT and the ADSM backup agent,
I selected the drive label NTServer_C to restore.
The inactive directories/files appear selected and
even if I select the Point in Time option, it
restores all old "does not exist anymore" files on the
NT drive! The documentation even stipulates that ADSM
is notified when files are deleted from a client
filespace during incremental backup, but files
that were deleted from a client filespace between
two incremental backups are restored during a point-in-time
restore. Even better, -> "Even if an object has an active
backup from a later date, the previous inactive copy is
returned!"
How can we return NT to its normal most recent state,
without the "inactive" "dead"! files?
and without being overwritten by older versions and
having to de-selet the incative files?
Thanks in advance!
cberube2 AT aircanada DOT ca