ADSM-L

Re: Will V2 HSM Client (AIX) work with V3 Server (also AIX)???

1998-04-28 03:32:58
Subject: Re: Will V2 HSM Client (AIX) work with V3 Server (also AIX)???
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 1998 09:32:58 +0200
John,

we upgraded our ADSM server to V3 (on AIX 4.1) 4 weeks ago; the HSM client
is still at 2.1.0.7 (on AIX 4.1, server and client are running on the same
machine). We did not encounter any problems in the HSM area. Perhaps I
should say, that access to our HSM file system is restricted to FTP; it
thus is not that highly active, although there are lots of data in it
(180 GB).

I would be interested to hear about your reasons to abandon HSM ...

--
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet
Reinhard Mersch                     Westfaelische Wilhelms-Universitaet