ADSM-L

Re: 3570 will not mount scratch tapes

1998-04-27 03:32:26
Subject: Re: 3570 will not mount scratch tapes
From: Tor-Erik Larsen <tor-erik.larsen AT DRAMMENGRAFISK DOT NO>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 1998 08:32:26 +0100
I had the same problem, first check you max scratch limit on your storage
pools.
It seems that when the adsm server needs a scratch tape, it mounts a tape
which has status filling, then when it tries to write to the tape it gets
end of tape, but it does not change the status to full. This will be retried
on a couple of other tapes, and then you get the message ANR8779E Unable to
open drive /dev/rmt1, error number=47.

The resolution is to change the status of these tapes to full or back to
scratch. What I did was moving the data from these tapes onto other tapes,
after that I did not get any error message.

This is could be a problem that has been introduced in adsm server 3.1.1.1.'

Tor-Erik Larsen
System Analyst, Uptime