ADSM-L

Re: dsmfmt under AIX

1998-04-25 10:48:43
Subject: Re: dsmfmt under AIX
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 25 Apr 1998 07:48:43 -0700
While it's true that oftentimes this is the problem, I don't
think it's the case with the issue I have raised. Why would
I be able to create a 2048MB file (plus 1MB overhead) and not be
able to create a 2GB file (plus 1MB overhead). The total number
of bytes is exactly the same, the only difference is in the way
2048MB is specified on the command line.

 -- Tom

"It's a dog eat dog world,                Thomas A. La Porte
 and I'm wearing milkbone underwear."     DreamWorks SKG
              - Norm Peterson             <tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com>