ADSM-L

Re: Re[2]: Copy Tapes

1998-04-23 12:04:01
Subject: Re: Re[2]: Copy Tapes
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 11:04:01 -0500
Reclamation for a local storage pool requires 2 tape drives in the same
library.  With one tape drive for local storage pools and one tape drive
for the copy pool, you'd have to use move data for the local pools (move
to disk, then move to tape).  However, wouldn't normal reclamation still
work for the copy pool since the input will be tapes in the local pool &
drive but the output will be to the copy pool & drive?  I don't know
this from experience, but it sounds like it should work as long as the
volumes in the copy pool are marked as being offsite.

Janie - When you reset the reclamation threshhold on your copy pool to
below 100%, what happened?

Tina Hilton
Thomson Consumer Electronics