ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:59:02
Janie;

     I believe setting reclamation to 40% will try to reclaim tapes that are
40% empty.  Therefore, tapes that are 60% full will try to reclaim and you
still end up with two tapes used (100% & 20% full) after a lot of processing.
Reclamation is most efficient with settings of 50% or above.

Bob Miller
Argus Health Systems
Kansas City

>>> Janie Pendergraft <jpenderg AT STJ DOT COM> 04/23/98 08:20AM >>>
Wanda & Kelly,
I will try to use the reclaim process today. It is set to 40%.  Our primary
tape reclamation is also set to 40% but we have been using the move data
process to reclaim our primary tapes when we need scratch tapes. This may
be the wrong way to do it? Like I said earlier we are new to this and still
in the process of learning and ADSM appears to be a good product but far
different from any other backup we have used in the past.