ADSM-L

Re: Warp Server bare metal restore and ACL problem

1998-04-23 04:00:19
Subject: Re: Warp Server bare metal restore and ACL problem
From: Michael Hartmann <Michael_Hartmann AT TRINKAUS DOT DE>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 1998 09:00:19 +0100
Juraj SALAK gave me the following answer to my problem. Thank you,
I will try this
hello,
hello,
I have also problems restoring ACL when using boot floppies. (both adsm
client and server  V2.
I suspect the ACL?s can only be restored if either of server/requester
services are running,
which is not possibloe when booting from floppies.
Running client V3 against Server V2 does not work at all on an LanServer
client - I hope it gets better when I upgrade the adsm server .
My workaround is the usage of ICULAN (http://www.lanicu.com/)
which can, among other usefull things, backup/change/restore ACL?s on
object basis (ressource/file/directory).
It costs extra, but is flexible and reliable solution.

Juraj SALAK
KEBA & co.
Linz, Austria
http://www.keba.co.at
Phone     0043 732 7090 7461
Fax  0043 732 730910
e-mail    sal AT keba.co DOT at

P.S.
I am sorry for answering to your private address,
the reason is our MS mail Server and/or its administrator
are not communicating well with
adsm-s LISTSERV Mail server and/or its administrator
(or vice-versa). I only can receive forum mails
without causing troubles for third parties.
Feel free to either redistribute or drop this mail.

                                         _____
 Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit Trinkaus & Burkhardt via E-Mail dient
ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen
duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.

Correspondence with Trinkaus & Burkhardt via e-mail is only for information
purposes. This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally-binding
communications.