ADSM-L

Policies?

1998-04-22 10:08:59
Subject: Policies?
From: Jim Healy <Jhealy AT CHUBB DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:08:59 -0400
Adsmers,
        Can anyone assist me with some Ideas on my dilema.
I'm planning on running adsm v3 Nt client to backup to an NT version 2
server. I'd like to run complete backups of entire drives nightly to
dlt4000 tape drives. (I know this goes against the whole adsm
incremental philosophy but I have my reasons)  I'd like to maintain two
weeks worth of backups that get run on weeknights only(mon-fri).Two
areas I'm hung up on: 1) how do I get adsm to write to  any tape thats
in the drive as long as the data is not expired. 2) And how do I get
adsm to have the tape become a scratch the day its supposed to get
written on again?