ADSM-L

Two problems

1998-04-21 15:07:37
Subject: Two problems
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 14:07:37 -0500
     Yesterday, I upgraded my desktop, a RISC/6000 Model 250, running AIX
4.2.1, the latest upgrade of ADSM, i.e., 2.1.0.7 for the GUI and 3.1.0.3
for everything else.  As a result, I have two problems, or, rather, a
problem and a major annoyance.
      First, the GUI disappeared.  DSMADM fails with the messages:
          Cannot load library libdsm.a[wms2x.0].
          System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
I hope I'm not the only one in the world who finds the GUI the easiest way
to maintain schedules and domains, so this is a major loss.  Does anyone
know what happened or What I did?
      Second, the command line now produces 24 lines of output, no matter
what the size of the window.  This just aggrevates the loss of the GUI.
Every other upgrade I've done on this box, from V1R1 on, has always
adjusted the display according to the window size.  So again, what have I
done?

Fred Johanson
System Administrator
NSIT