ADSM-L

Viewing ADSM/Informix OnBar Backups via ADSM Client

1998-04-20 09:21:11
Subject: Viewing ADSM/Informix OnBar Backups via ADSM Client
From: Kevin McCauley <Kevin_McCauley AT HOMEDEPOT DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 09:21:11 -0400
Hi,

I am new to ADSM and backing up Informix databases using Informix OnBar and
ADSM.  I have a simple question :-).    How can you view information about
Informix backups taken using Onbar/ADSM through either the 'dsm' or 'dsmc'
ADSM client utilities?

We have been able to successfully  backup the Informix instance using
Onbar/ADSM with the command 'onbar -b -w -L 0'.  I can view information
about the backup by directly querying the Informix OnBar database,
sysutils,  but when I try to view it using 'dsm' on the client side all I
see is the following entry (stta06 is the INFORMIXSERVER value) :

File Systems for Restore/Backup    Type  Last Incremental Backup
/stta06                       R

I can't view any more detail from the client about this 'file system' using
any of the 'dsm' menu options.

We are running ADSM V2R1.06 Client and Informix V7.23.UC1 on HP-UX 10.10.
The ADSM Server is running on MVS.  Informix data is stored in raw
partitions.  Will ADSM V3 provide any more info?