ADSM-L

Warp Servcer bare metal restore ACL problem

1998-04-20 06:07:49
Subject: Warp Servcer bare metal restore ACL problem
From: Michael Hartmann <Michael_Hartmann AT TRINKAUS DOT DE>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 1998 11:07:49 +0100
Hello ADSM users

I want to to a bare metal restore of a Warp Server station. I created the
boot floppies described
in  the IBM redbook. Restoring of the file data works well, but the ACL
data is not restored.
For every ACL data I get the client error In dsmerror.log:
os2filio(2687): Warning - ACL data for file E:\...\xxx could no be restored
to a non-HPFS386
drive.
Of course i have included the HPFS386 file system in config.sys and
formatted the partitions
with the /ifs:hpfs parameter.
We have the latest ADSM OS/2 client 3.1.03 and MVS Server 3.1.0 (PTF).
Older clients have
this error too.
The redbook for the bare metal restore recommends the following method for
restoring the ACls:
Use the Lan Server command backacc to write the ACLs to a file, back it up
with ADSM,
restore it and then use the restacc command to restore the ACLs. OK, this
will work.
But it is no method for a big company file server of 20GB used hard disc
capactiy. The backacc takes
hours to be completed and makes the server busy. You cannot do this every
day.
So I think ADSM should restore the ACL with the bare metal discs like it
does in an working
Warp Server environment. Who can help?
Thank you for your answers

Regards
Michael

                                         _____
 Der Austausch von Nachrichten mit Trinkaus & Burkhardt via E-Mail dient
ausschliesslich Informationszwecken. Rechtsgeschaeftliche Erklaerungen
duerfen ueber dieses Medium nicht ausgetauscht werden.

Correspondence with Trinkaus & Burkhardt via e-mail is only for information
purposes. This medium is not to be used for the exchange of legally-binding
communications.