ADSM-L

Re: Size of sites?

1998-04-17 10:15:15
Subject: Re: Size of sites?
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 17 Apr 1998 10:15:15 -0400
Our largest ADSM server:

> Machine: RS/6000 J30 (192MB ram, ~50GB of SCSI RAID5 disk)
> TapeLibrary: STK 9710 library, 15 TB capacity
        Drives:  7 DLT 7000
> TotalData: ? changes hourly!
> DataPerDay: 15-20 GB (compressed)
> Clients:       ~20 UNIX & NT servers
                        ~250 Wintel desktops
        Network:        16MB token ring

        We use compression on all clients.
        Never have put any significant stress on the J30 or the 9710.

Wanda Prather
Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think."
              - Scott Adams/Dilbert